Monarch Hospice & Palliative Care
Congratulations to Monarch Hospice for recently receiving their State Licensure and for passing their Medicare Certification with zero deficiencies!
Monarch Hospice was founded in 2004 by CEO Gina Munao as a result of her growing concern for the way hospice care was headed. Gina, along with ten employees and five volunteers, felt that hospices were turning too much into businesses focused on costs instead of patient care. Therefore, they organized Monarch Hospice & Palliative Care in Schaumburg, IL based on their "Open Access" philosophy on end-of-life care.
This unique philosophy means that no person eligible for hospice care, regardless of their medical needs, will be denied; even patients who elect to continue treatment with a palliative focus will be accepted. The staff at Monarch Hospice believes that a hospice is not simply a place, but a philosophy of care. Their goal is "to ensure patients and families are able to live life to the fullest while coping with a life-limiting illness or injury." The Hospice strives to maintain the independence and comfort of all patients and their families.
Monarch Hospice offers a variety of services to their patients. These include:
- Comprehensive medical care and management
- Medications related to the Hospice diagnosis
- Medical supplies and equipment that promote comfort and independence
- Assistance with personal care and activities of daily living
- Support of the patient and family with the emotional and spiritual issues related to loss and the end of life
- Coordination of community resources to assist the patient and family with non-medical concerns
- Educate the family and/or caregivers on how to care for and provide comfort to the patient
- Bereavement Services and counseling
- Volunteers to provide companionship and emotional support
- Integrative Therapies including Journaling, Reiki, and Therapeutic Touch
The Hospice serves families in the counties of Lake, McHenry, Cook, Kane, DuPage, and Boone and plans to continue expanding their services. If you are interested in learning more about Monarch Hospice or if you would like to make a referral or volunteer your services, please call (847) 885-1818.